Ramblin On

Rambling On...and on..and on..., Somewhere down South, United States
Finding the humor in this world, particularly adept at laughing at the absurdities in myself...learning to live in the moment

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Snowglobe-Effect Perspective

Currently Listening to:
Places You Fear The Most
~((Dashboard Confessional))
For those of you who have already heard my ramblings on the subject,
my apologies.
I am one of those people,
when someone begins to speak
mentally "see" my own version of the subject matter.
(I hope other people do that too)
"So what?" you may wonder.
Recently, I was priviledged to be in the company of others
who were discussing the topic of perspectives.
My internal theater screen flickered to life
filling my head with a image of myself,
in the center of a snowglobe.
"Snow" was swirling and circling my head
I could not see beyond it to the world that lies through the glass.
My perspective and vantage point were snowblind
Now the bitch of it is
I'M the one who shook the freakin globe!
I could hear a faint familiar voice,
"...our troubles, we think, are of our own making..."
Yeah,yeah,yeah.
Creating blizzards of emotional chaos
Seems to be a natural gift I have been bestowed with.
Getting out of the way of The Source,
Trusting that It knows the way
out of the blinding storms I create in my little world,
Allowing myself to be led
Despite the fear of the unknown
Confidence that all is as it should be
and will be
And capitulating to this certainty
That is SO hard!
The thematic lesson that keeps thrusting itself into my path?
FAITH
Should be simple, right?
Experience has taught me time and time again
No matter how much "snow" blinds me...
No matter how much I want to manipulate my way into it...
No matter how much I fight...
or conversely want to give in-just give up...
If I just wait-
If I just be still and have FAITH
It always turns out better than I could fathom
Life comes back to me higher
than the limits of my imagination
Only, being in the middle of that snowglobe,
I can't SEE that
until the I can look back in hindsight.
To sum it up in one neat lil package:
"...cause I gotta have Faith, Faith, Faith..."
::SIGH::
~Me